Tuesday 20 May 2008

We want your money!

Quite a few people have been in touch to ask how to donate to the History Trust. At the moment we are in the process of trying to get a bank account set up, so I'm asking people who wish to donate to write cheques to me and I will transfer the money as soon as the Trust account is open. I have to say, though, that it's been an uphill struggle to get Barclays Bank to respond to my four calls to discuss opening a charity account. It's like they really, really don't want customers. I'm going to give them one last try, and then I'm looking for new options!

Once the charity is established we will set up a JustGiving page, but until then please keep sending the cheques through to me.

1 comment:

JessC said...

Why not go for the Co-op Bank instead? I am on the management committee of a small new organisation, the Women's Local Government Society, and we set up a bank account last year when we formed. It was relatively simple, they are familiar with the needs of small left-wing organisations and it's a good bank too!
Good luck!